Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Are Mormons Really Christians?
I have found it an interesting observation of how there are more people who are christian, but are better christians than LDS people. I am astounded at how un-christian most members of the LDS faith are. They are well known to be judgmental, unaccepting, and socially inept to being open minded. It seems as if they are so stuck on judging on the moral aspect of others that they forget about the ethical side of things. It seem as though ethics have gotten thrown out the windows! In the LDS faith they teach that we should live our life more like our savior, Jesus Christ. In so doing we should treat others as we would like to be treated. One shall not judge another, thankfully judgement is the responsability of our savior, he is the one who knows the thoughts of our hearts. Just because there is one of the mormon faith who is not quite living up to the standards that you hold up to them doesn't give you the right to disown, or try to correct their ways. As children of God we are given agency to choose. Throughout life choices are made, good, bad, somewhere in between...... They all have to be made. Through choice, lessons are learned and our adventure of life is played out. Most choices are made blindly, by faith. We do not know before hand the things God has planned for us. Everything in our life occurs for a reason and a purpose. The reason or purpose may not be immediatly clear but will be revealled to you through time and the journey. I am saddened when I watch someone of my "christian" faith pass a uneducated judgment on someone without a seconds hessitation. I do not believe that our father in heaven wants us to judge people but rather situations and things. He wants us to seek happiness and find joy. This is the purpose of our lives here on earth. We should all encourage those around us to find happiness no matter what it is. Even if it has nothing to do with religion. As far as happiness goes with religion........ there are so many out there that can make one happy. I have found my preference and I encourage others to find theirs. As well I like to share my happiness with others, but I will not shove my views down another's throat. That is a whole other post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Love it Corey!! AMEN!!!!!!!!! Did I say mention I like this post??
your right when we care about some one and we want to share with them what has made us happy and share with them our consernes, we should just keep our mouths shut, way to be suddle , thanks friend
my mission leader taught us to be bold, but not over bearing. Lead by example and love my friend. I love you Tolman. This was not geared toward you. A few things crashing at once brought this about. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Sounds like your saying LDS people are not christian's at all, and that you your self are not LDS at all? If you are a christian maby you should realize you your self are judging a people and are doing the very thing your talking about. think about it.
evidently i have struck a nerve with some. good. think about it.
My sweet son, I don't know what went into the introspection of this post but I hope you have found more Latter-Day-Saints who are true disciples of Christ than those who are not. I also know that for those of us who love you and who unconditionally accept each child of God regardless of the baggage they bring with them it is not always easy. It is born out of the realization that we are all "hopefully flawed". I pray that as you go through each day you will find peace, acceptance, love and faith enough to make up for the bad times. And don't ever "shove your beliefs down another's throat" but be a good Christian and offer the water of life to the thirsty man.
always with my love,
mamachele
Post a Comment