Saturday, November 24, 2007
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
We went to Declo to my grandfather's house for Thanksgiving this year. Jentri was able to meet my mother's side of the family. We all had a great time stuffing our faces and playing random games. You must understand, we stuff 30-40 people into a 1500 square foot house with about 200 pounds of food! Or so it seems. It is interesting how we as a society forget the meaning of Thanksgiving. It started out as a feast celebrating our Thankfulness. Now it has evolved into an all out stuffathon resulting in shopping all nighters. I am amazed at the people who are willing every year to sit around all night just hoping to get a great deal on a pair of shoes or the alike. But of course I cannot speak too loud. I have been known to camp out side of REI waiting of a garage sale. I regress. My grandfather is getting on the old side and we all see this holiday season as his last. It is a sad thing to watch the people you love so much fall apart. I also feel badly for Jentri, I have roughly 300 extended family members that she has met thus far, and more yet to go! Yeah, I'm a little close to all of my extended family. Some may think it is crazy, but I love it! I only get my girl for one more day, then I have to send her back to Rexburg to her other life. I will surely miss her, but this is the way it is supposed to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment