CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Years Resolutions

I think it is a bit funny that we have gotten in the tradition of making resolutions at the beginning of each new year. According to traditional chinese medicine these resolutions should occur in the spring of the year versus mid winter. The typical resolutions would consist of losing weight (which I need to after the holiday season of fudge and candies), making more money, traveling to some distant place, climbing a certain letter grade harder, or other goals that may seem a bit lofty. I guess I just see mine as simple. As most of you know, I am starting the new year with a new life. I am marrying one of my oldest and most dear friends. It is a weird sensation to be scared spitless, and as giddy as a child on christmas eve, all at the same time. Yet, having that calm reassurance that everything will work out the way it is supposed to be. My resolutions this new year consist of being a good husband, to be able to have sufficient for my families needs, to laugh often, to continue with last years trend of traveling, and to spend ample time with close friends and family. My dreams are simple. My goals are simple. I am simple.

2 comments:

M.climb

Corey, you are a good man that I am truth fully proud to know. you have much of what life is about figured out.

Anonymous

I agree with Marcus you do have a great many things figured out and I hope to learn them all from you someday. You have had a bit too much fudge but we'll take care of that in our many travels. I like your resolutions and I hope to be able to accomplish them with you. You are a wonderful man and I am glad to be marrying you ;-)