CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

To bolt or not to bolt?

So today, while I had nothing to do, I went out and started to hand drill my new project route down at derkies. It took me roughly an hour to drill one hole. Mostly due to the arm pump of swinging a hammer non-stop and the constant texts a couple people kept sending me. All together it was quite a pleasant experience. Then absent mindedly I tightened the bolt too tight causing it to "gauld". The nut successfully adhered itself to the bolt. I attempted to back off the nut, and in the process spun the bolt in the hole. So, now the bolt is stuck in the rock, useless! It will have to be chopped! All that time and it got me no where. I have gained a great respect for all of the "old school" route setters. Now I am faced with the option of having a friend come in to punch holes for me or finish what I have started the hard way. Hand drilling, though hard, was an interesting intimate experience with the rock and my surroundings.

1 comments:

Mary Grace

holy cow corey how did i not realize you had a blog?! haha i saw you comment on mine, but for some reason i thought it was another corey i know! haha glad to see yours though~! sorry i am an idiot and it took me so long to get here! and congrats on being engaged! whens the wedding?
M